The BC Baptist Association (BCBA) is part of the North American Baptist Conference of Churches, which exists to glorify God by making disciples of Jesus Christ at home and internationally. The churches in our conference work together to more effectively and more broadly accomplish the mission of transforming communities through healthy, Christ-centred churches that reach the lost for Jesus, develop godly leaders and multiply ministries around the world.
Our Mission: To please God by growing healthy churches through making disciples of Jesus Christ.
Our Vision: To provide every person in our God-given and growing sphere of friendships with an opportunity to learn about Jesus Christ and to become His followers.
Our Values: We value healthy churches, developing leaders and multiplying churches.
1. We believe the Bible is God’s Word given by divine inspiration, the record of God’s revelation of Himself to humanity (II Timothy 3:16).
2. We believe in the one living and true God, perfect in wisdom, sovereignty, holiness, justice, mercy and love (I Timothy 1:17; Psalm 86:15; Deuteronomy 32:3-4).
3. We believe God created an order of spiritual beings called angels to serve Him and do His will (Psalm 148:1-5; Colossians 1:16).
4. We believe God created man in His own image to have fellowship with Himself and to be steward over His creation (Genesis 1:26-28).
5. We believe salvation is redemption by Christ of the whole person from sin and death (II Timothy 1:9-10; I Thessalonians 5:23).
6. We believe the Church is the body of which Christ is the head and all who believe in Him are members (Ephesians 1:22-23; Romans 12:4-5).
7. We believe religious liberty, rooted in Scripture, is the inalienable right of all individuals to freedom of conscience with ultimate accountability to God (Genesis 1:27; John 8:32; II Corinthians 3:17; Romans 8:21; Acts 5:29).
8. We believe Christians, individually and collectively, are salt and light in society (Matthew 5:13-16).
9. We believe God, in His own time and in His own way, will bring all things to their appropriate end and establish the new heaven and the new earth (Ephesians 1:9-10, Revelation 21:1).